Thursday, March 31, 2011

Radio Frustration

I am lucky enough to be living only 1 hour from my brother (at least for the next 2 months until he graduates college) so last night I went to meet him for a very nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

After dinner I dropped him off at his house around 8pm and started my drive home. As soon as I turned on the radio I heard a trivia question that I thought I knew the answer to...

I figured that I might as well give it a shot since I was going to be doing nothing but driving for the next hour or so. I dialed the number and of course got a busy signal many times. Then it would connect and ring and I'd get excited, but it would keep ringing for 2 minutes and then cut me off without anyone answering. I would give up for a few minutes and then they would air a wrong answer guess on the radio so I figured I'd give it one more try...this cycle continued for the ENTIRE 45 minutes that it took me to get home. I was on my street, on my last ditch attempt at getting through, when I hear "Hi do you have an answer for me!?" I got so excited!

So here was the question:
These can be sold in the office, at the store, on the street, almost anywhere, but they can't be sold online. What are they?

I hear "Hi do you have an answer for me?" and I say "Is it Girl Scout Cookies?" and she says "Yes it is Girl Scout Cookies!"
I was so excited!! I got through, and I had the right answer, and she proceeded to ask me my name and where I was calling from and I was so happy that my 45 minutes of calling wasn't in vain...
and then I heard this...

"You're actually the Tenth person to guess it right, but thanks for calling. *click*"

I feel totally robbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment