Monday, September 12, 2011

Ten Years

(i take no credit for this photo, it was found online)

It's been a long ten years, yet it still feels like just yesterday!

Ten Years ago on 9/11 I was sitting in my 10th grade English Class when our Principal came over the loud speaker. What he said didn't make any sense, and the enormity of it wasn't clear. By the time I got home after school that day, the world had changed.

Phone lines were buzzing between our house and all of our New York family, checking in to be sure all were safe. We were lucky, I didn't personally know anyone who perished that day, but that doesn't mean my heart doesn't ache.

Still ten years later, at memorials all over the country, the loss feels as if it was yesterday. So much has changed, yet so much stayed the same. (I Can't fathom the concept that I have 3 little cousins who weren't even born yet when this tragedy struck the United States of America.)

Ten Years ago amidst the death, the smoke, and the heartache, Heros emerged! So many people banding together to help, and to comfort. That is what I wish to remember on this day, ten whole years later.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment