Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Love Sunshine

It's no secret to anyone that I love me some summer sunshine! The best kind of sunshine is the kind you share with friends and family, preferably on a boat of some-kind.

A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to enjoy a beach somewhere other than on the Cape. A friend and I drove the hour North of Boston to Cranes Beach and enjoyed a beautiful day!

The Saturday that we chose for this adventure started with some seriously vicious thunder and lightning, but turned into a gorgeous sunny day that was so hot that we couldn't stay out of the freezing water or more than 20 minutes at a time.

Along with beverages and snack food, I had packed a sandwich for each of us for necessary nourishment. As I was sitting there, eating my turkey wrap, and minding my own business, this happened...

That's right folks, that bird right there swooped down on me, as I was deciding whether to take my next bite from the left or right side of my sandwich (like ya do!), and took a bite out of my wrap! He had no shame and no shyness, flew 6 inches from my face, took a beak-shaped bite out of my wrap, and landed 4 feet from me to enjoy his bounty.
I of course screamed! got the attention of quite a few people around me with gasps of things like "Did you see that bird, it just bit that girl's sandwich!"

Once my heart-rate was back to normal and we were home again to grill our summertime perfect dinner, this was the sky that we were greeted with:


This just goes to show that no food is safe on the beach, and no annoying sea-gull is going to ruin my happiness in the sunshine. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment