Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rainy Saturdays

So what do you do on a Rainy Saturday? Apparently my answer to that question is Clean!! I woke up Saturday morning, and on my way to the couch to read my book I passed piles of clothes, clutter, and more piles of Schtuff than I care to admit. It took me all of 2 minutes to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my day. I guess I'll leave it up to you to decide if I made a good use of my Saturday. (and No, I didn't make the rooms any extra messy to make the transformation more dramatic, this is what my house really looked like.)



I didn't take Kitchen before pictures, but you'll get the idea:



My new $14 shelf from Lowes Helped the Pantry have more space:


This room...is the bane of my existence. Everything seems to gather here no matter how many times I say I'm not going to let it happen this time:I always feel So much better when it's all clean and organized:This is how life takes over:


And this is how it's supposed to look:

(Don't mind the fake flowers sticking out of the lamp, they are the mock bouquet my mom put together for me for when we went wedding dress shopping!)I give myself a little slack here, because obviously the bed looks worse because I was being a good grown-up and washing the sheets, but still, it was messy:So this was a great sigh of relief!


(Please note that it's dark out by the time this room was finally ready for the "after" shots.)


So, what did you do with your rainy Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment