Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Irish

Today, just like everyone else on the planet, Me, the Hubs, and the FIL enjoyed Corned Beef & Cabbage for dinner.
You know me though, I couldn't just boil meet and cabbage and call it an Irish holiday.  So, I put carrots, potatoes, and corned beef in the slow cooker. But...the head of cabbage that I bought for $0.17 per pound at the grocery store was too large to fit in the crock-pot. So the remainder of it got boiled in a separate pot,
in Guinness!

For Dessert, I didn't feel like pushing the "baking" envelope any more than necessary, so instead of making Irish Soda Bread, or Guinness Cake, I bought cheesecake at the store and made my own Bailey's Whipped Cream to put on top!


We were so excited about eating it all that we didn't get a picture of course. But it was consumed in it's entirety, and already put on the menu for March 17th, 2014.

For my first "Married to an Irish Guy" St. Patty's Day I call this a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment