Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coat Closet

I know there are a lot of you out there who wouldn't think that a coat closet would warrant its own post. But let me tell you, this coat closet has caught my attention since the beginning.
This closet will be mostly for guests' coats, since we have a different coat closet for our clothes under the stairs.  But this closet is only about 1.5 feet wide, and there was no shelving at all in the closet when we moved in, so it needed a face-lift.


The walls were unfinished, so I hung a couple temporary hooks, and waited for the right time to use some Pinterest inspiration to transform this closet!


The entire closet got a fresh coat of white paint and then I could get started!
I bought some trim, cut it to size, painted it a nice black, and then re-hung the hooks.
The only thing left is to put a little shelf on the top for added storage.
I got my inspiration Here, and am thrilled with the results.


Eventually we'll probably paint the door and replace the doorknob, but for now the only thing left is that new shelf to install, and we can call this mini-make-over complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment