Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Love Discounts

When I moved to Boston, my goal was to get my hotmail email address onto as many mailing lists as I could so that I would find out about as many goings-on as possible. Well, in the 3 years that I have lived here, I'm sure that there are many things that have gone on without my knowing about them, and certainly without me being able to afford them, however, some of those email lists have bared great fruits for me.

The favorite of my emailing lists are the Daily discount emails that I receive. Bostonians are known for being very Internet inclined when it comes to things like Craigslist for shopping and Apartment hunting, so it is no Surprise that daily Internet deals are a huge part of Boston Culture. I am a member of Living Social, Buy With Me, and Groupon.com.
Let me start by saying that I do not understand how these sites can make any money, but they have huge discounts on both Boston & non-Boston things, and they offer a different discount Every Day! One of the best things about these sites is that sometimes they will offer a coupon to a restaurant that you've never been to, or a show that you didn't know was in town, and it broadens the horizons a bit.

Groupon.com has been my friend this past year, and I'm pretty sure that a good percentage of my Monthly Paychecks have gone to that site this year. I've gotten discounts on everything from $40 to my favorite restaurant up the street for $20, to a $125 massage for $50, to $30 for a $60 One Hour Segway tour of Boston's Harbor Walk, to a $30 sail around Boston Harbor for $15.

Today's deal may be my favorite yet, and this one came from LivingSocial.com.
Because of this great discount site I am now the proud owner of Tickets to see The Rockettes, in Boston! on Saturday! and I got them for just $34/person!! These are 50% off, and I didn't have to pay any of those obnoxious "convenience charges" that normally double the price of tickets that are purchased online.

At 11am Saturday, Bryan, Myself, and a friend will be sitting down to watch the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular, and I could not possibly be more excited!! I haven't seen the show in years, and Bryan and his friend have Never seen it. It's going to be a great weekend folks.

Photo Courtesy of jahikim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment