Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hey Hey It's My Birthday!

OK, so this post is a few days late, but how could I post about what I did On my Birthday, Before my birthday? I guess I could invent a time machine and somehow fit posting into my schedule...but instead I think I'll just post about what I did last weekend.

My birthday celebration started off with a work-day-lunch-break Manicure. I went with a friend and got a fancy design painted on my nails to see if I liked it as a possible Wedding-Day Beauty item.

Then my coworkers sang happy birthday and made me eat brownies...and they were good!
Friday evening my lovely fiance invited some friends over for dinner, and I cooked up a yummy concoction, without a recipe, that was enjoyed by all. Though, to be honest, I think I enjoyed all the wine a little bit more ;)

Saturday was low-key until joining other friends in celebrating. His was the big 3-0 birthday, so he got party priority over my 2-6.


Then Sunday, was wedding day. Mr. man and I got up early and drove to our cake tasting at 10am, at Konditor Meister Bakery where we chose our cake flavors for the wedding.

Now, I don't recommend having cake for breakfast, since I don't want the healthy police to come after me... but if you are already, by your own choice, planning on having cake for breakfast... do it at Konditor Meister!!


Then came a meeting at our wedding venue. We sat down with them for 2 hours and discussed how supremely Awesome our Wedding day is going to be! There was only one "Oh...My...God" moment about plans, but we quickly worked around it and I'm So excited to put it all into play in June.

Mr. Man and I, along with my parents, had a few hours to kill before our dinner reservation, so we hit up the mall. My mom and I went on a little shopping spree for my Birthday, picking up some fun new clothing items, and my Man & my Dad played in the arcade. So cute ;)

Then...Let me tell you they saved the best for last. When we arrived at our dinner reservation, I discovered that it was made for 8 people, not just our immediate 4. Not only did my brother drive up from Providence, RI to be with us, but our friends were there before us waiting at the table to join us for dinner! What a wonderful Surprise!


We hadn't spent time with them in a while, and it was fun to swap house-buying and wedding planning stories, as their wedding will be June of 2013.
[And while friends and family getting together for my Birthday is Awesome! You'd think at least one of them would have told me & Mr. Man to wear black or grey!]

All in all, I want to thank my friends and family for making this one, my last birthday checking off that "single" box, a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment