Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cooking...

I love to cook. I enjoy finding a recipe that sounds good, I enjoy shopping for the ingredients, and I enjoy eating it and sharing the finished product with friends and family. This week I discovered a salmon recipe that is so simple that I couldn't believe it came out so wonderful.

I found it in the FoodNetwork.com healthy eating section. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not on any kind of crazy "I need to lose weight" kick! However, if you don't filter FoodNetwork.com, you end up getting all the creamy recipes that have butter as a main ingredient.

So with that filter on I found this Salmon Recipe that I will definitely be using again and wanted to share with you:

Ingredients

* 1 1/4 pound wild salmon, skin removed, cut into 4 pieces

* 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard

* 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup

* 1 clove garlic, minced

* Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. Place salmon pieces on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper; roast for 10 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine mustard, maple syrup, garlic and lemon juice. After the 10 minutes of cooking, brush salmon with mixture and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.


I made this with slices of Zucchini and Squash that I seared in a pan and then baked in the oven, and a bit of white rice to even out the dish. It was one of the easiest dinners I've made, and one of the tastiest.

Tonight I'm having a friend over and planning to cook stuffed chicken breasts...
I do love food!

No comments:

Post a Comment