Saturday, February 23, 2013

All About the Food

New Recipes every week continues.
 
I've been doing pretty well with a new culinary adventure every week.  Last week, since Lent was beginning, it was only fitting to try something new with fish.  Tune steaks were on sale at our grocery store, so I went for it.
Apparently i was so excited about going for it that i neglected to take a picture of it, oh well.
I marinaded the tuna with soy sauce and a tiny drop of sesame oil and put it in the oven.  It was delicious!
 
The next day I ventured into my new Bon Appetite cookbook, and pulled out a good one!  Chicken lime-cilantro Fajitas!
 
The marinade was just olive oil, cilantro & lime throw it in a food processor, coat the chicken with it, and cook the chicken.  I had cut the chicken up tiny and put it in a pan on the stove.  sauteed some peppers and onions, pulled some salsa and grated Cheddar out of the fridge... and we had a delectable meal!
 

 
Anyone else been cooking something scrumptious lately?
The Bon Appetite cookbook has about 500 pages with 2 recipes on each page... I'm gonna be busy for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment