Friday, January 13, 2012

Random Inspiration

In 2011, which is now "last year," I started reading a lot of DIY inspired crafty blogs and got lots of great inspiration for things to do around my house. Let me tell you that reading all those blogs make me want more wall space so that I can make more things that hang.



As the title of this post suggests, I ended up finding my own inspiration from a 99cent store. Seriously, I was walking around the Chinese 99cent store around the corner from my grandparents' house in Brooklyn over Christmas break. Hanging on the wall was hot-plate, and I honestly didn't even realize what it was, all I saw was the small & large wooden pieces that could be used towards a project.



The next day at a totally different store, though also with a price of 99cents, I found mirror coasters with easily removable rubber feet, so for $3.96 my mom and I had a Brooklyn craft in our immediate future.



We set up on grandma's table and after cutting apart the hot-plate to get the small and large sticks apart, 30 minutes of painting, an hour of drying, and several different glue attempts, our partly Brooklyn/partly DIY-Blog inspired Starburst mirrors were born.


As you can see, mine is currently sported proudly on our new gallery wall.



So far, I think I'm doing well in the "2012 crafts" category.



Have you crafted anything fun lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment